About This Site
This sweet blog of mine will serve as a temporary home for all of my content for the next few months as I ready everything organized with my own domain that I'll be getting sometime within then. If you'd like to check out my old domain, take a look through it here.
In the meantime, it will serve as a "collective" of sorts of all of my currently hosted pages, my blog, and links to all of my external stuff like Facebook and Flickr.
Thursday, October 20, 2005
So, to introduce potential new readers to the blog, I'm going to introduce you to myself in an often-overused sort of way (actually mostly ripped off from Matt of Impending Distractions). So here's 40 thinigs about me you may or may not know.
1. I was born in Tuscumbia in Hellen Keller Hospital.
2. I've lived in Northwest Alabama nearly all my lived until I moved to Huntsville to...
3. ...attend the University of Alabama in Huntsville...
4. ..where I am majoring in Communication Arts and minoring in Computer Mediated Communications.
5. I want to be a web producer (different from a designer) for an entertainment company of some sort after I graduate.
6. The longest trips I've made (so far) were to either San Antonio or Indianapolis.
7. I've never been out of the country, but would love to.
8. I am engaged to the hottest dork in the world named Sharla.
9. We met in Birmingham in the Spring of 2001 on a school trip.
10. I am the oldest of three kids.
11. My family lives in Belgreen, Alabama. Which in connection with Russellville, I claim as my hometown.
12. I have a love/hate relationship with my hometown.
13. I love the laid-back atmoshphere and some of the local features and charecters...
14. ....but hate some of the narrow way of thinking and lack of any real jobs.
15. My first job was working as a "tech boy" at my old county school system. If there was anything to be done about anything technological, I was on top of it.
16. During that time, I attended Northwest Shoals Community College.
17. My second job was a short-lived stint as an unglorified lab assistant at a UAH department.
18. I plan to keep my job that I have now for a long time, I am a web designer for UAH Career Services.
19. It's the coolest job I've had so far.
20. I'm president of the NCRH II Hall Council here at school. It has its moments.
21. I'm also president of the New Media Consortium at school. It has its moments, but more rewards.
22. I write for the school paper, The Exponent.
23. I truly believe in my heart of hearts that The Empire Strikes Back is the pinnacle of all art forms.
24. I attended both Star Wars Celebration II and III in Indianapolis.
25. I buck the trend of Star Wars fans, in that I mostly appreciate it for retro factors, the story, and the fellowship of other fans that enjoy it. Not for wierd reasons like Expanded Universe or RPG's.
26. I've been noted for having a loose resemblance to Hayden Christnensen. (Even by Anthony Daniels.)
27. I've read Lord of The Rings once a year every year since 2001.
28. I can't seem to get my way through the entirety of The Silmarillion. Though I love the parts I can get through.
29. I was best actor in my senior play in high school.
30. My favorite band is U2.
31. One of my other favorite bands is Third Eye Blind.
32. I finally got to see them in a free concert in Decatur on the Fourth of July in 2003.
33. My favorite TV show is Late Night With Conan O'Brien.
34. I have an XBox and a Gamecube and play them religiously.
35. My favorite respective games are Star Wars Battlefront and Metroid Prime 2.
36. I drive a 1997 Pontiac Sunfire.
37. I'd really love to visit Ireland and New Zealand.
38. I have a Star Wars action figure worth around $400. Although I paid $4 for it at the time.
39. For reasons unexplained, I love Tom Hanks movies.
40. Life is infinately wierd, but that's what makes it fun.